Apr 23, 2014
Directions: Questions 1 to 5, In each of the following questions, a word has been followed by four other words, one of which cannot be formed by using the letters of the given word. Find this word.
Directions: Questions 6 to 8, Read the following information and answerthe questions given below
(i) A, B, C, D and E reside in a five storey building.
(ii) Band E do not reside on the ground floor.
(iii) D resides one storey above A and one storey below C.
(iv) E does not reside on the top floor.
6. On which floor does D reside?
7. How many of them reside above C?
DIRECTIONS (Questions 8 to 10) : Which number would replace the question mark in the following number series?
8. 7, 9, 16, 25, ?, 66
9. 2, 3, 6, 18, ?, 1944
10. Alphabet: Word: : ? : Sentence
DIRECTIONS (Questions 11 to 12) : In each of the following questions, four number/number Pairs are given. Select the one which is different from the other three.
13. In a group of six women, there are four dancers, four vocal musicians, one actress and three violinists. Girija and Vanaja are among the violinists while Jalaja and Shailja do not know how to play on the violin. Shailaja and Tanuja ae among the dancers. Jalaja, Vanaja, Shailaja and Tanuja are all vocal musicians and two of them are also violinists. If Pooja is an actress, who among the following is both a dancer and a violinist?
DIRECTIONS :'In question below are give two statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to take the two given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from the commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follow from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
Some are papers
Some papers are boxes
I. Some pencils are boxes
II. Some boxes are pencils
III. Some boxes are papers
IV. Some papers are pencils
(A)Only I and II follow
(B)Only III and IV follow
(e) None of these
15. Examine the following statements:
1. Either A and B are of the same age or A is older than B.
2. Either C and D are of the same age or D is older than C.
3. B is older than C.
Which of the following conclusions can be drawn from the above statements?
(A)A is older than B
(B)Band D are of the same age
(C)D is older than C
(D)A is older than C
6. (A)1st: D resides on first floor.
7. (B)2: Clearly, Band E are above C.
8. (b): Each number is equal to the sum of the preceding two numbers. So, missing number = 16 + 25 = 41.
9. (a): Each number in the series is equal to the product of preceding two numbers. . So, missing number = 6 * 18 = 108.
10. (C): First is a part of the second.
11. (D): All other groups contain four consecutive numbers in order.
12. (d): All other groups contain four consecutive numbers, though in any' order.
13. (C)The four vocal musician and one actress in the group are given. Two dancers are Shailaja & Tanuja. Two violinists are Girija and Vanaja. Since Jalaja and Shailaja cannot be violinists, so remaining two violinists are Tanuja & Pooja. Clearly, Tanuja is both a violinist & a dancer.
14. (B)Only III and IV follow
15. (A): is not true since A and B may be of the same age. (B)is not true since B is older than C and if C and D be of the same age, then B is older than D. (C)is not true since C and D may be of the same age. Now, B is older than C. So, whether A is older "than B or of the same age as B, A would be older than C. (D)is true.
Indian Constitution-General Knowledge questions and answers
1. Who is authorised to decide over a dispute regarding disqualification of a member of parliament?
A. Speaker of lok sabah
C. Election Commisioner
D. A committee set up by the parliament
Answer : B. President
2. Who among the following was never the lok sabha speaker?
A. KVK Sundaram
B. GS Dhillon
C. Baliram Bahgat
D. Hukum Singh
Answer : A. KVK Sundaram
3. What is the age of retirement of a Judge of a supreme
Answer : D. 65yrs
4. The Constitution of India provides a
A. Presidential form Govt
B. Cabinet System of Government
C. Parliamentry System
D. Bicameral System of government
Answer : B. Cabinet System of Government
5. Mr.P.V.Narashima Rao is the_____Prime Minister of India
Answer : D. Ninth
6. In 2011, The present Majority Leader of the Lok Sabha is
A. Pranab Mukerjee
B. Sushma Swaraj
C. Mrs.Meira Kumar
D. Dr. Manmohan Singh
Answer : A. Pranab Mukerjee
7. The Indian Constitution is regarded as
D. federal in form and unitary in spirit
Answer : D. federal in form and unitary in spirit
8. The part of the constitution that reflects the mind and ideals of the framers is
A. directive principles
B. fundamental rights
Answer : C. preamble
9. The Indian Constitution has borrowed the ideas of preamble from the
A. Italian Constitution
B. Canadian Constitution
C. French Constitution
D. Constitution of USA
Answer : D. Constitution of USA
10. What is the minimum permissible age for employment in any factory or mine?
A. 12 years
B. 14 years
C. 16 years
D. 18 years
Answer : B. 14 years
1) Bengaluru FC crowned I-League champions in debut season: Bengaluru FC etched their names in the annals of Indian football history, beating Dempo 2-4 at the Nehru Stadium in Margao on Monday to be crowned the kings of the I-League in their debut season. Needing a win to snatch the title ahead of other established teams, Bengaluru led from start to finish. They scored through Sean Rooney (2nd), Robin Singh (56th), John Menyongar (79th) and captain Sunil Chhetri (90+7). Dempo reduced the margin through Roberto Silva (82nd) and substitute Romeo Fernandes (89th). After Sean Rooney had given them a dream start in the second minute, there was no looking back.
2) First woman chief justice of Delhi HC takes oath: Justice G Rohini was sworn in as the first woman Chief Justice of the Delhi high court on Monday. Justice Rohini (58) was earlier a judge at Andhra Pradesh high court. She succeeds Justice N V Ramana who was elevated to the Supreme Court in February. Justice Badar Durrez Ahmed has been the acting chief justice at Delhi HC since then. LG Najeeb Jung administered the oath of office to Justice Rohini.
3) Harendra Singh appointed junior hockey team's coach: Hockey India on Monday appointed former senior coach Harendra Singh as the coach of the junior men's team to groom it for the 2016 World Cup to be held in the country.
Harendra will join the training camp of the team on April 25. "The appointment of Harendra Singh is in line with our efforts to prepare Junior Hockey Men team for the 2016 World Cup to be hosted in India," Hockey India Secretary Narinder Batra said. He will work with other coach BJ Kariappa.
4) Shaik Abdul Hameed won the 2014 Thailand Tour title of Asian Bowling Federation: Shaik Abdul Hameed of India won the 2014 Thailand Tour title of Asian Bowling Federation (ABF) on 17 April 2014 at Blu-O Rhythm & Bowl Ratchayothinon in Bangkok, Thailand. With this Hameed became the first Indian to win the title of ABF. Hameed defeated Mahamood Al Attar of UAE 242-183 in the final.
5) Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon: Meb Keflezighi became the first US male athlete to win Boston Marathon in 3 decades, the first running of the race since last year's fatal bombing attack.
6) Cadbury India changes name to Mondelez India Foods: Cadbury India Limited on Monday announced it has changed its name to Mondelez India Foods Limited. The company, however, clarified that the move will have no impact on product names or brands. “The change in name of the company will have no impact on the names or packaging of its popular products like Cadbury Dairy Milk, 5 Star, Gems, Bournville, Perk, Celebrations, Choclairs, Halls, Bournvita, Tang and Oreo, which will continue to be sold under the same brand names as before,” the company said.The change of name is in line with the gradual changeover of the name of all subsidiaries of Mondelez International globally.
7) TCS and Mitsubishi to merge Japanese IT subsidiaries: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), on Monday, announced that it signed definitive agreements with Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) to merge its subsidiary TCS Japan with MC’s 100 per cent IT subsidiary IT Frontier Corporation (ITF) and Nippon TCS Solution Centre to create a new single entity. While TCS will hold 51 per cent stake in the entity, Mitsubishi will hold 49 per cent. The entity will be operational from July, 2014.
8) Nokia-Microsoft deal to be completed this Friday: U.S software giant Microsoft, on Monday, said that it expected its deal to acquire Nokia’s phone unit, which has been delayed due to a number of regulatory and tax issues, to close on Friday. The announcement, however, has no mention of Nokia’s Chennai plant, which has been blocked from being part of the deal after becoming the focal point of two separate tax disputes.
9) Ila Patnaik appointed principal economic advisor in FinMin: Noted economist Ila Patnaik has been appointed principal economic advisor in the Union finance ministry. Her appointment comes at a time when the Centre is working as a caretaker government and the Opposition has approached the Election Commission over appointment of the new Navy chief. Officials played down the issue, saying Patnaik’s appointment was a routine matter and did not need the Election Commission’s nod. Patnaik is replacing Dipak Dasgupta who completed his tenure a few months ago. Patnaik, a prolific writer on economic issues, is currently Reserve Bank of India chair professor at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), a government funded think tank.
10) LK Advani’s website hacked: The official website of veteran BJP leader LK Advani was hacked on Monday, allegedly by Pakistani hackers who posted messages of "free-Kashmir" on the portal.
11) Supreme Court revokes ban on iron ore mining in Goa: The Supreme Court on Monday revoked its 19-month-old ban on iron ore mining in Goa but restricted the extraction to 20 million tonnes per annum. A Bench comprising Justices AK Patnaik, SS Nijjar and FMI Kalifulla, however, said the expert panel will give a final recommendation on the annual cap on excavation of iron ore within six months. It said there cannot be a deemed renewal of lease after 2007 of the existing lease deeds emanating from 1962.
12) Reserve Bank of India's executive director G. Gopalakrishna takes VRS, joins as CAFRAL director: Gopalakrishna, Reserve Bank of India's executive director, who was superseded for deputy governor's post, has voluntarily retired from his post. He has taken charge as the director of the Centre for Advanced Financial Research and Learning ( CAFRAL), a fledgling research body, from April 21, according to a statement from the central bank. His term was to end in a few months.
Apr 22, 2014
DIRECTION: In question 1 to 5 Out of the four alternatives, answer the following question with the most appropriate choice
1. Which one of the following statements about the Preamble of the Indian constitution is not correct.
(A)It has been amended only once in 1976
(B)It can be enforced by the courts
(C)It enshrines the principles of popular sovereignty
(D)It originated from the the "Objective Resolution" drafted by Nehru
2. Which one of the following is not the ground mentioned in the constitution of India to impose reasonable restrictions on the right to form association or unions
(A)Friendly relations with foreign states
(D)Sovereignty and integrity of India
3. Which among the following words appears first in the Preamble to the Indian constitution.
4. Who was the first external affairs minister of India
(C)Dr. BR Ambedkar
5. Which article of the Indian constitution makes a mention of reservations in public employment in favour of backward classes
6. The provisions, affecting the federal character of the constitution can be amended only with the approval of
7. The first amendment to the Indian constitution was carried out in
8. The first amendment to our constitution was carried out to overcome the difficulties relating to
(A)directive principles of state policy
(D)all of the above
DIRECTIONS: Out of the four alternatives, complete the following sentence with the most appropriate choice given.
9. The third amendment to our Constitution carried out in 1954 to extend the power of Parliament by transfering the
(A)state list to concurrent list
(B)state list to union list
(C)both A and B
(D)none of the above
10. The words socialist, secular and unity and integrity of the nation were added to the Constitution by the
11. Which part of the Indian Constitution has been amended only once so far
(C)power of judiciary
12. Which pair of the words were added to the Preamble to the Indian Constitution by the 42nd amendment
(A)socialist and democratic
(B)democratic and republic
(C)socialist and secular
(D)all of the above
13. Which part of the Indian Constitution was accorded precedence over the fundamental rights through 42nd amendment in 1976
(C)directive principles of state policy
(D)none of the above
14. Which territories were incorporated in the Indian union by the tenth amendment
(B)Goa and Daman and Diu
(C)Dadar and Nagar Haveli
15. Which amendment incorporated the territories of Goa, Daman and Diu in the Indian union
(D)none of the above
16. By which amendment to the Indian Constitution, a new part relating to urban local bodies was added
(D)none of the above
1. (B)It can be enforced by the courts
2. (A)Friendly relations with foreign states
4. (D)Jawaharlal Nehru
5. (D)16 (4)
6. (D)the states
8. (C)fundamental rights
9. (B)state list to concurrent list
10. (A)42nd amendment
12. (C)socialist and secular
13. (C)directive principles of state policy
14. (C)Dadar and Nagar Haveli
15. (A)12th amendment16. (A)74th amendment
Admit Card (3) Analytical ability (8) Apptitude (5) aptitude (23) coaching (1) Computers (6) Constitution (3) Current Affairs (51) Data Entry test (2) English paper (23) exam news (15) EXAM PATTERN (7) Examination Date (4) Featured (1) General Knowledge (95) Indian History (5) Instruction (4) Just for info (2) keral circle (1) Mathematics (18) Model Exam papers (46) MTS Exams (5) Notification (10) Number Series (2) online test (1) PA Exam Result (3) PA/SA Exam (5) PA/SA Exam guidance (5) PA/SA Exam Materials (45) Postal Volumes (1) Postman Exam (1) Postman/GDS exam papers (9) Practice (2) Previous year questions (45) Prospects (1) Reasoning (17) results (20) Rulings (1) SA Exam Result (3) SALARY (1) SB Aptitude (4) Selection procedure (1) Solved Papers (48) statistics (2) syllabus (3) Typing Practice (1) typing software (3) typing website (2)